Friday, July 01, 2011

The CoW Project


Frogdice, Inc. will be releasing a new game in about a month. We currently are working under the project name CoW. This is not the actual name or acronym for the game, but I worked pretty hard to try to come up with a name for the game that could work for that acronym. The results were not pretty, so it became nothing more than a project name.

This will be the first game that I fully designed as far as the mechanics and play style goes. As far as coding specs go, though, my husband has a huge hand in that. We write specs very differently, and I can tell that the specs that he writes are much easier to follow by our male coders. No matter how hard I try, I don't produce specs like my husband. Now, don't get me wrong, the team has never complained about my specs. They always work off of them, make comments on them, and the results are pretty spectacular. They, however, outright praise my husband's specs.

I think I leave too many open areas because I am dealing with overall gameplay and art. My husband usually deals with systems, and he is very, very specific. I probably leave too much open-ended for the coders as well as the artists, and it can be wearying to have to constantly fill in the gaps of my design and make decisions. Worse, sometimes they have to wait on me to answer a question.

Anyway, here are a few art elements from the new game. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.

No comments: