Wednesday, March 20, 2013

PAX East: Pre-Derp Days

Okay, we made it to Boston for PAX East. The city holds a very special place in my heart because thirty-four years ago, I immigrated to the USA in this city straight from Thailand. Talk about culture shock. I had never worn a coat or shoes, and when I left Thailand, temperatures probably measured in the 90s or so. I arrived in Boston in February, during a blizzard. WHEE! I bet that was fun for my parents.

We lived in Boston until we moved to Kentucky in the early 80s. No one had heard of Thailand at that point because Thai food hadn't become popular yet. All my new little friends in Kentucky thought that my Boston accent was an "oriental" one. They kept asking me where I was from, and I always replied Boston. They never seemed very happy with that answer.

Now I'm back here with my gaming company, Frogdice, and we made it here without too many problems. I promised that I was going to party like I hadn't since I was in college. I think I might have been a little bit too optimistic there. After driving for two days, I unpacked (some of) our crap, looked up some restaurants, decided to have a bowl of clam chowder at the hotel, and now I'm about to hit the sack. Woo! I'm a party animal, I tell you.

I can't wait to get started. We set up our booth tomorrow. I've got fun swag, and some of our players are stopping by to see us. Also, a buddy from CoX will be attending. I'm going to see if I can hit some of the booths early tomorrow to grab some swag. My top priorities include PopCap's PvZ booth, Riot Game's League of Legends booth, and checking out some new friends including the people who made Soda Drinker Pro. I'll keep you guys posted!

P.S. We are booth #785. Please stop in to see us!

1 comment:

Michael said...

At a few points during our drive up, I was starting to wonder if we'd even survive.

Driving anywhere near NYC is brutal.

And I think we spent at least $50 on tolls. BRUTAL.